Dinosaur Polo Club is growing! We’ve recently released Mini Motorways to great success, we have another exciting title on the way, and now we’re on the lookout for an experienced programmer to join the team.
We’re looking for someone with at least six years’ experience of professional programming experience, enough to be comfortable jumping in to an established codebase, as well as setting up a new project from scratch. You’ll be working closely with the rest of the programming team, frequently performing code reviews and providing feedback.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing systems for new and existing game titles with minimal supervision.
- Critically review work of colleagues to verify consistency and correctness.
- Regularly take part in code reviews, both offering and responding to feedback from your peers.
- Supervising junior and intermediate programmers and offering guidance where necessary.
- Liaise with the art and design departments to ensure robust understanding of implementation details.
- Working alongside others to influence the studio’s workflow, tools, and technical direction.
- Upskill junior and intermediate developers with regular time dedicated for mentoring.
Remuneration and next steps:
If this opportunity sounds up your alley, great! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter.
Our games are played by people from all over the world and from a wide variety of backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We want to have a pool of applicants as varied and diverse as our players, so we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Annual remuneration will depend on your seniority and experience, and starts at NZ$85k.
- Annual training budget of NZ$7k. This covers NZGDC in New Zealand, GCAP in Melbourne, and GDC in San Francisco, or can be tailored to your preferences.
- Annual contribution of NZ$1k towards your health and wellbeing.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- The position is full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We have a relocation budget for remote applicants.