Dinosaur Polo Club
Based in Wellington, New Zealand
|USD||$3.99 (desktop / Android pre-order)|
Mini Metro is a minimalist subway simulation game about designing efficient subway networks. The player must constantly redesign their line layout to meet the needs of a rapidly-growing city.
The prototype for Mini Metro, Mind the Gap, was created at the end of April 2013 during the three-day Ludum Dare 26 Jam. The first pre-alpha build was made public in September 2013.
- Compelling, constructive, hectic, relaxed gameplay. If that makes sense.
- At least four real-world cities to design subways for. Each has a unique colour theme, set of obstacles, and play style. This is the minimum we have planned and we'll be adding more after the launch.
- Each city grows randomly during the game so a strategy that proved successful last game may not help you in the next.
- Limitless routing and upgrade strategies to discover and experiment with.
- Each game's map is a work of art, built by the player in the classic abstract subway style. If you think it's a keeper, save it, tweet it, show it off or make it your desktop background!
- Dynamic ambient soundtrack.
Mind Metro alpha trailer YouTube
Let's Try: Mini Metro (Quill18) YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Mini Metro. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "If you've ever wanted to design a subway map, you should play 'Mini Metro'."
- Adi Robertson, The Verge
- "Mini Metro is a game which marries city planning and London tube map porn thanks to its ultra-minimalist layout."
- Philippa Warr, Wired.co.uk
- "If you love the city-planning aspect of Sim City but can't handle the pressure of playing god, then you may have just found your new favorite time-waster."
- Ashley Feinberg, Gizmodo
- "Mini Metro Lets You Design Your Own Minimalist Subway System"
- Steve Marinconz, Kotaku
- "It’s a small thing, but I’ve had the tab open with the game running for the past 40 hours."
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "If you won’t take my word for it that a game about mass-transit system design can be a tense, white-knuckle thriller, go play the free in-browser beta of Mini Metro yourself."
- Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
- "Mini Metro: fun game simulates planning and running public transit system."
- Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
- "Players have one aim: to design a subway system that works."
- Rachel Z. Amdt, Popular Mechanics
- "Love it! Simple gameplay, deep tactics. Perfect casual game."
- MC Frontalot, frontalot.com
Dinosaur Polo Club allows for the contents of Mini Metro to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Mini Metro is legally & explicitly allowed by Dinosaur Polo Club. This permission can be found in writing at http://dinopoloclub.com/press/sheet.php?p=mini_metro.
Mind the Gap
The April 2013 prototype can be played at ludumdare.com.
About Dinosaur Polo Club
Dinosaur Polo Club is an independent game development studio in New Zealand, founded by twins Peter and Robert Curry.
More information on Dinosaur Polo Club, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Mini Metro Credits