Mini Motorways Presskit
Have you ever been stuck in traffic and wished you could do something to fix it? In Mini Motorways, the city’s traffic problems are in your hands.
From the makers of Mini Metro, Mini Motorways is a game about drawing the roads that drive a growing city. Build a road network, one road at a time, to create a bustling metropolis. Redesign your city to keep the traffic flowing, and carefully manage upgrades to meet the changing demands. How long can you keep the cities of the world moving?
Mini Motorways is the second game from Dinosaur Polo Club and it’s taking the passengers of Mini Metro to the roads! We were thrilled by how much our fans enjoyed redesigning subway maps from all around the world in Mini Metro, so for our next game we wanted to explore how we could bring this minimalist approach to other familiar transportation challenges. Traffic congestion is something that many people experience daily, and road network design is a complex and ever-changing problem as cities continue to grow. Mini Motorways puts this problem in the hands of the player, and lets them use their creativity to build a better road network.
- Dynamically growing cities that make every game unique!
- Stunning maps visually inspired by cities all around the world for you to explore.
- A variety of upgrades help you meet the demands of your ever-expanding road network.
- Different colour modes to choose from, including colourblind and night modes.
- Responsive, relaxing soundtrack that grows with your city, created by the wonderful Disasterpeace.
Download all images here
Logos & Icons:
Download all logos and icons here
Awards & Recognition:
- “Honorable Mention for Best Mobile Game” Game Developers Choice Awards, 18 March 2020
- “The ‘Slice of Heaven’ Grand Prize” NZ Game Awards, 29 August 2020
- “IndieCade Choice Award” IndieCade Anywhere & Everywhere, 16 – 24 October 2020
Dinosaur Polo Club
- “Creative Gold Winner” The Wellington Gold Awards, 22 October 2020
- Best Mobile Games of 2019 (PDF)
Edmond Tran, Gamespot
- Top Apple Arcade Games of 2019 (JPG)
- My Mini Motorways cities are horrible masterpieces (PDF)
Nicole Carpenter, Polygon
- Mini Motorways is the gloriously organic sequel to Mini Metro (PDF)
Christian Donlan, Eurogamer
- 14 Apple Arcade games to play on launch day (PDF)
Russ Frushtick, Polygon
- The 10 Apple Arcade launch games you have to play (PDF)
Andrew Webster, The Verge
- The 20 Apple Arcade Games That Make It Worth the Money (PDF)
David Nield, Gizmodo
- The best Apple Arcade games to download and play first (PDF)
Josh West and Rachel Weber, GamesRadar
- The First 7 Apple Arcade Games You Must Play (PDF)
Trevor Sheridan, AppAdvice
- Mini Motorways is a management game where you have to create road networks that’s available on Apple Arcade (PDF)
Stephen Gregson-Wood, PocketGamer
- Press release
Dinosaur Polo Club allows for the contents of Mini Motorways to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Mini Motorways is legally & explicitly allowed by Dinosaur Polo Club.
Surrounded by lush green hills and blue oceans, Dinosaur Polo Club is a studio of 15 little dinos based in lovely Wellington, the creative capital of New Zealand. The last couple of years have seen our delightful studio grow, and we’re working on some new and exciting games.
Founded in 2013 by twins Robert and Peter Curry, our studio is best known for the award-winning and BAFTA-nominated debut Mini Metro. Created in collaboration with Disasterpeace and Jamie Churchman, Mini Metro explores relaxed and minimalist subway design.
With an inclusive and supportive culture that believes in giving back to its creative community, we create games that make everyday concepts fun and engaging for everyone.
- Blake Wood
- Poppy de Raad
- Peter Freer
- Chantelle Cole
- Ruby Solomon
- Casey Lucas-Quaid
- Joseph Bennett
- Joshua O’Connor
- Michael Block
- Peter Curry
- Svend Hansen
- Tana Tanoi
- Tom O'Brien
- Niamh Fitzgerald
Production, Level Design
- Cassandra Gray
- Clélia Tran
- Jair McBain
- Navi Brouwer
- Robert Curry
- Geert Nellen
- Tom Butler
Quality Assurance, Design
- Zea Slosar