Permanent full-time on-site in Wellington, NZ – 40 hours per week – $60k-$85k+ based on experience. Due to Covid-19 travel and immigration restrictions, applicants must currently be living in New Zealand.
We’re Dinosaur Polo Club, an award-winning video game design studio full of lovely people making games in Wellington, New Zealand. Growing in size, we are on the look-out for an enthusiastic and experienced Operations Coordinator. This person will help support our studio and team members within an exciting and creative industry. Hopefully that person is you!
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running so you’ll ideally have a few years of administration, people and culture, or operations experience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for assisting management to keep our studio environment welcoming, supportive, and efficient. Positive and proactive in nature with great organisational skills, you will be someone who wants to help us maintain and grow a fun and inspiring environment where everyone on our team can thrive.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Cultivate and support the morale and engagement of our team by planning and organising weekly, monthly and annual social events for the studio as well as volunteer or community outreach opportunities.
- Assist with and promote studio educational endeavours by researching and booking training for team members.
- Manage the studio’s general email inboxes, either responding to queries directly or forwarding emails to the right person on the team.
- Research and implement wellness and sustainability initiatives.
- Help facilitate hiring when needed, including posting new roles online, replying to candidates, and consolidating CVs.
- Assist with writing policy as the team grows, and business documentation alongside the studio operations team.
- Facilitate gathering and analysing feedback from the team.
- Help to schedule meetings, consolidate agendas and take meeting minutes when needed, helping to communicate these to the team.
- Have an understanding of Xero for general day-to-day accounting tasks.
- Book travel for team members when needed, including flights and accommodation for conferences, events or interviews.
- Proactively maintain the upkeep of the studio, ensuring supplies are well stocked.
- Coordinate the purchasing of any hardware and software needed by the studio.
- Serve as a point of contact between the landlord, utilities and other external suppliers or contractors.
- Help to operate and support Dinosaur Polo Club’s online merchandise store, dispatching orders when needed, keeping track of stock inventory, and billing.
- Coordinate the studio’s charitable donations and quarterly food drive.
- A great sense of empathy and support for those around you, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- A high level of initiative and strong organisational skills.
- Dedication to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- A passion for maintaining a good studio culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English.
- New Zealand residency or a valid work visa.
Your experience may include:
- 3+ years of experience working in administration or operations.
- Experience with Xero or other accounting software.
- Training in business and/or administration.
- Experience with organising and managing events.
- Front of house experience in reception or hospitality.
- A valid New Zealand driver’s license.
At Dinosaur Polo Club we value a healthy work-life balance where our dinos can flourish both inside and outside of the studio. We have a creative team, opportunities for growth, and a wholesome, supportive studio environment.
We value diversity and believe that our team should be as varied and wonderful as the people who play our games all around the world. Differences such as disabilities, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity and any other aspects of various cultures and identities are important perspectives that contribute to an inclusive, well-rounded and engaging work environment. We know we’re creating better games when we have varied perspectives and experiences contributing to them. Women, LGBTQ+ community, Māori and Pasifika – we want to hear from you!
If there is anything we can do to allow for easier participation in the interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we can offer you:
- A lovely bunch of skilled and enthusiastic team members for you to work alongside.
- Generous training allowance for things such as conferences, workshops, online courses and self-directed learning.
- Dedicated training days.
- Support structure including regular one-on-ones.
- Team activities such as a quarterly pot-luck lunch, movie nights at the studio, holiday functions and more.
- Healthy snacks, yummy treats and close proximity to some of Wellington’s best eateries! Plus an impressive array of locally made tea and coffee.
- Quarterly personal discretionary wellness allowance.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- Monthly workplace massages.
- Friday afternoon socials.
- Flexible workplace with core hours and optional work-from-home days.
If this strikes you as an exciting opportunity, reach out to us! Flick us an email at email@example.com and include within it a CV and a cover letter outlining why you feel this would be the role for you. This position is permanent, full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.