Dinosaur Polo Club is growing! We’ve recently cemented the “Mini” brand with the successful release of Mini Motorways, and now we’re looking for someone to shepherd our fledgling franchise into the future and continue to grow it.
Ideally, that’s you: an experienced game designer who’s looking for the next challenge! We need someone to direct the future of Mini Metro and Mini Motorways, lay out and execute a multi-year update roadmap, design new content, and potentially develop new concepts within the Mini brand. We’re not going to only release “Mini”-style titles though, so there will be opportunities in the future to work on games outside of our core franchise.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Become the vision holder for Mini Metro, Mini Motorways, and potential new games in the “Mini” franchise.
- Lead the creation of new features, maps, game modes, and other in-game content.
- Maintain documentation outlining the vision and design goals for each project and the wider franchise, and communicate that vision to the team.
- Guide collaborative design meetings to seek input from the whole team.
- Offer direction and feedback to other designers to ensure a consistent tone and level of quality.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for more junior designers within the company.
- Liaise with the producer, community manager, and the wider team to respond to community and stakeholder feedback and integrate external opportunities into the content schedule.
Remuneration and next steps:
If this opportunity sounds up your alley, great! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter, we’d love to hear from you.
Our games are played by people from all over the world and from a wide variety of backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We want to have a pool of applicants as varied and diverse as our players, so we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Annual remuneration will depend on your seniority and experience, starting at NZ$85k.
- Annual training budget of NZ$7k. This covers NZGDC in New Zealand, GCAP in Melbourne, and GDC in San Francisco, or can be tailored to your preferences.
- Annual contribution of NZ$1k towards your health and wellbeing.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- The position is full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We have a relocation budget for remote applicants.