Dinosaur Polo Club is on the lookout for more programmers! The recent release of Mini Motorways has been a huge success for us so we’ve been hard at work supporting it. Between that, Mini Metro, and some more exciting stuff down the line, we’ve got a lot of work on our plate. That’s where you come in!
Ideally you’ve had 1-3 years of industry experience making games in Unity or Unreal, preferably professionally or highly-polished hobby projects. You’ll be joining a supportive team with senior programmers offering guidance and mentorship.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Implementing game features and systems, with some direction and oversight from senior programmers.
- Regularly take part in code reviews, both offering and responding to feedback from your peers.
- Liaise with the art and design departments to ensure robust understanding of implementation details.
- Be comfortable in a team environment, regularly collaborating with and supporting your fellow team-members.
Remuneration and next steps:
If this opportunity sounds up your alley, great! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter.
Our games are played by people from all over the world and from a wide variety of backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We want to have a pool of applicants as varied and diverse as our players, so we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Annual remuneration will depend on your experience, and starts at NZ$50k for juniors and NZ$65k for intermediates.
- Annual training budget of NZ$7k. This covers NZGDC in New Zealand, GCAP in Melbourne, and GDC in San Francisco, or can be tailored to your preferences.
- Annual contribution of NZ$1k towards your health and wellbeing.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- The position is full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We have a relocation budget for remote applicants.