We’re on the hunt for someone who can become the ambassador for our games to our players, and work with us to help build and support our communities. Hopefully that person is you!
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, so you’ll ideally have two or more years of Community Management experience in the games industry. We are also interested in speaking to applicants that have worked in a marketing role in a similar capacity, with a desire to leverage your marketing experience toward fostering community growth and guidance. You’ll also need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be fluent in English – other languages are a bonus!
Tasks and responsibilities:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Creating, managing and growing Dinosaur Polo Club’s presence across social media platforms, and engaging with and moderating platforms such as Discord, Reddit, and our forums
- Developing and executing social media strategies and campaigns alongside our studio strategy team for our new and existing games, as well as analysing our social media analytics to help guide future strategies
- Communicating directly with our fans, communities and influencers, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible and positive presence online
- Acting as an internal advocate for communities, and communicating issues raised back to the team
- Identifying and reporting community sentiment and topic trends and using that data to recommend, create and maintain ongoing community outreach initiatives, marketing messaging, and advise on potential opportunities or risks
- Planning, administering and running community facing initiatives including promotions, contests, events, email campaigns and social media initiatives
- Reviewing and promoting user-generated content
- Authoring communication materials including newsletters, blog posts, articles, communications materials, and content for social media channels to ensure our fans are kept up to date about any studio or games news
Other responsibilities may include:
- Attending domestic and international conventions and events with members of our team, helping to engage with our community face to face
- Working in close collaboration with our team to drive the go-to-market strategy for our games, including planning and executing game launches and ongoing promotions
- Assisting with the first level of customer support by engaging in player conversations to share meaningful information, responding to queries and working with the team to help provide answers and solutions
Experience in all of the above areas is not necessary and you won’t be taking on all these responsibilities immediately. You will be assisted in your transition into this role. Key people in the team will continue to be engaged in community support, marketing and management so you will have support for these responsibilities. We’re happy to mould the role to your skills and interests, as well as provide training as necessary while you become familiar with the studio and take on more responsibilities.
Remuneration and next steps:
If this strikes you as an exciting opportunity, awesome! Flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Applications close 31st of October, 2019. Huh, Halloween. Spooky!
- Annual remuneration will depend on your seniority and experience:
- NZ$60k-$75k for intermediate
- NZ$75k+ for senior
- Annual training budget of NZ$7k. This covers NZGDC in New Zealand, GCAP in Melbourne, and GDC in San Francisco, or can be tailored to your preferences.
- Annual contribution of NZ$1k towards your health and wellbeing.
- The position is full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. We have a relocation budget for remote applicants.